Theme : Creative
This will be a non-competitive evening where members will comment on their own creative images and also give space for other members to give critique.
We will be joined for this evening by Glenys Garnett, who many of you will already know, to give her expert advice.
The theme for the evening is creative and that means “anything goes” as long as its creative. Yes, anything goes!
Because we’re anticipating this to be a popular evening we’re limiting entries to 3 images per member with the proviso that if we’re oversubscribed the committee reserve the right to eliminate the 3rd entries ahead of time. We want to ensure that every image is well critiqued and that we all get a good look at all the images.
Glenys has made a few requests and we are happy to accomodate most of these. We will add these here so that you know what to expect:
- We’re particularly interested in motivation for making an image, the idea behind it and what the photographer is trying to say by using a particular technique or style.
- We don’t want the style to dominate.
- We would like to be challenged and to see some rule breaking.
- We are not always looking for technically perfect images.
- Usually images in camera clubs are titled. A title can colour the way the viewer sees it. Consequently for this showcase no titles will be shown.
Any questions about the above please contact Ian.
I think its fair to say that critique will be based on the artistic merit rather than suitability for competition. What we really want to see is what your imagination is capable of. That’s the challenge to you.