‘Seeing in Sixes’. The six images tell a simple story or non-story. You can shoot new images or look through your back catalogue.
We will share your short photo stories later in the season on the 8th March as a fun event. I have copied some of the main points in making a set for ‘Seeing in Sixes’:
Frodsham District Photography Members Evening ‘Seeing in Sixes’
We are asking our members to try to make up to three, ‘Seeing in Sixes’ collections.
- These groups of six images can be from your existing catalogues or freshly shot works.
- The six images can be of any size or arrangement
- The need to define your project.
- The images must be tied together with a theme.
- All the images to have a stylised visual similarity about them
- Text or poetry could be included to assist in a minor way with telling the story or give information.
- The viewers will be advised not look at the individual images but the whole work flowing, including text and arrangements.
- The small number of images should ensure the viewers are focused on what is in front of them and do not experience viewers fatigue.
Hopefully, we will be able to put these works on our web site for you to revisit.
Challenges for Members
- Making a group of super images rather than a super single image.
- Editing out images ruthlessly to create the perfect story or non-story.
- This will involve the photographer editing, sequencing, adding text and titles to the six images.
- Members will be able to present their images in a club session 0n 8th March, 2021.
Entering your work
For each entry (up to 3 in total):
- Prepare 6 images to our usual PDI competition specifications
- Prepare one additional image with a collage of your 6 images. You can easily do this in Photoshop or similar software. Please ask Marie for help if you need it.
- Name your files as follows:Entry Prefix A/B/C (for your 1st, 2nd or 3rd complete entry_Your Name_Image Number (1/2/3/4/5/6/7)_Image Title.jpg
Use underscores instead of spaces.
For Example my first entry file names would look like this:
etc. up to:
- Write a Word or similar document with a couple of paragraphs about your set of 6 images (concentrate on he complete set rather than individual images)
Name this using the matching Entry Prefix (A/B/C) and your name.
- Send your entries to Marie (email@example.com) preferably using WeTransfer. If you would rather use another file transfer method please let Marie know.
- Please make sure your files arrive by Sunday 28th Feb. 23:45 to give us time to prepare the slides.